1. We will use any personal information collected from the Site in accordance with all laws and regulations relating to the protection of personal data including the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Data Protection Act”). Further details on the Data Protection Act can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website (www.informationcommissioner.gov.uk)
2. Personal information you are asked to supply or you supply voluntarily as part of the registration and any other information relating to your Contributions (“Your Data”), will be used by us, our group companies, service providers and other organisations and by subcontractors, employees, agents and advisors (including legal advisors) as follows: (i) to administer your Membership; (ii) in making decisions about whether any Contribution you seek to upload onto the Site should be accepted, rejected or used; and/or (iii) as set out on the Site or the Terms. In addition, we may at our discretion disclose this information to the police, regulatory bodies or any legal advisers in connection with any alleged criminal offence or suspected breach of the Terms by you or otherwise where required by law.
3. You may be requested to take part in promotional activity and we reserve the right to use your details, photographs and audio and/or visual recordings in any publicity.
4. Your Data supplied as part of your Membership profile will, unless we tell you otherwise, be able to be seen by other users of the Site so make sure you only provide information you are happy to be seen in this way. You can control some of the information other users see using your “profile” page. Please note that we will not make your address or any payment details you choose to store on the Shopping section of the Site available to other users.
6. The information collected on the Site includes:
a. Users’ Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, which is automatically logged by our web server. IP addresses are used to observe users’ interest in this Site(number of visits, etc).
b. Cookies are very small text files saved to your computer used to track user navigation around a website. Session cookies are also used to store information on which content, including advertisements, have been seen by a user. Some areas of the Site also use persistent cookies which are permanently stored on the users’ computer. We will use such cookies to identify unique users to the Site. They are not cross-referenced with any other information such that an individual person could be identified.
7. We currently contract with several online partners to help manage and optimize our internet business and communications. We use the services of a marketing company to help us measure the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use the Site. To do this, we use Web beacons and cookies provided by our marketing company on the Site. The type of information we collect includes content viewed, pages, site sections and videos. By supplementing our records, this information helps us learn things like what pages are most attractive to our visitors, which of our products most interest our customers, and what kinds of offers our customers like to see. Although our marketing company logs the information coming from the Site on our behalf, we control how that data may and may not be used.
9. Disabling/Enabling Cookies – users have the ability to accept or disable cookies by modifying the settings in their browser. Disabling cookies however may mean that some functionality may be affected. For further directions on how to disable cookies please click here.
10. There are opportunities on the website to receive e-mail communications alerting you to news and offers from us as fully explained before you register to subscribe. You may unsubscribe at any time from these newsletters by replying to the newsletter using the unsubscribe link.
11. We will not disclose voluntarily provided details to third parties or use the information in any other way without your prior consent.
12. You have the right to access your information held by us and, where necessary, to have it amended.
13. This privacy statement may change at any time, so please check back occasionally.